Friday, November 28, 2008

WINDOWS 7 (part one)

Windows 7 is the next generation of windows after windows vista. I started testing this from a month ago. There are few of things I want to share. I have never commented on any window but this is not too bad.



As you can see, it look like windows vista but inside is totally different. the ratings are not limited to the 5.9 vista was given. I saw less difference between the x86(32 bit) and x64(64 bit) versions. The x64, though could be better, gave me unlimited crashes and the x86 looks stable.




The start menu is almost the same with the task bar being flat. Active programmes are represented as an icon on the task bar.



This is the view of the Control Panel. There are a lot that can be done as compared to Vista
The main reason I'm praising the windows 7 is it's Media Center. It is unique and up to my standard.




The Unique thing in this the feature of "play all". When playing music clips in vista media centre, there is no option of play all. It is very useless to select video after video and if you don't have a remote then it is a crap.




When playing a song all your album arts are displayed as above. infact it is very nice.



When browsing through files and albums, it is easier as seen above.




When playing Series like the above, it is easier with the tab of a remote. PLAY ALL.



Recorded TV and TV are perfect packages are perfect though I'm finding it hard to get windows 7 drivers for my Compro DTV .



My Sound Blaster Titanium X-fi works partially. My Dolby Digital live and DTS connect does not work and playing digital 5.1 surround sound is useless.


To be continued.....

No comments:

Pages